Welcome reception (Sunday, May 19th)
The WELCOME RECEPTION will take place on Sunday May 19th in the Nara Kasugano International Forum 甍 IRAKA (the conference venue). There will be served drinks and snacks. The welcome reception is included in the conference fee.
- Date and Time: May 19th, from 18:00 to 20:00
- Location: Nara Kasugano International Forum 甍 IRAKA, “Japanese Garden”
Social Program I: Evening Lecture (Monday, May 20th)
Nara is the birthplace of clear SAKE. To enjoy alcohol beverages including SAKE, choice of containers is a very important factor. In this lecture, the physical effect of container for taste and flavor of the drinks will be discussed. (Including tasting practice)
Physics of alcohol and Bizen-pottery
- Date and Time: Monday, May 20th, from 18:00 to 19:00
- Location: Reception Hall (in the venue)
Social Program II: Gagaku event (Tuesday, May 21st)
Gagaku (ancient imperial court music and dances) is a type of Japanese classical music that has been performed at the Imperial Court in Kyoto for several centuries and today by the Board of Ceremonies at Tokyo Imperial Palace. This kind of music was first imported into Japan from China and Korea as early as the 6th century and established as a court tradition by the 8th century.
More detailed information about “Gagaku” is here.
- Date and Time: Tuesday, May 21st, from 18:00 to 19:00
- Location: Noh Theatre (in the venue)
Half Day Excursions (Wednesday, May 22nd)
In the afternoon of Wednesday May 22nd we organize a conference EXCURSION. We offer four different tours to enjoy the history and culture of Nara. These excursion tours are not included in the conference fee. The following excursion will be operated by KNT-CT Global Travel CO., LTD. Please apply via Online Registration. (On-site application might be acceptable, depending on the availability.)
- Date and Time: Wednesday May 22nd, from 12:30 to 18:00
- Time & Place to assemble: 12:15 pm, 1F Entrance Hall at the Conference Venue
- Fare: JPY3,000 – 4,000 (depending on the course)
Tour A: Asukadera Temple and Ohmiwa Jinja Shrine (JPY4,000)
Itinerary: Tour A
Tour B-1: Gripped Ink Sticks Experience, Nara Town Walking with Sake Tasting and Kasugataisha Shrine (JPY4,000)
Itinerary: Tour B-1
Tour B-2: Gripped Ink Sticks Experience, Nara Park and Todaiji Temple (Walking Tour) (JPY3,000)
Itinerary: Tour B-2
Tour C: Yakushiji Temple and Toshodai-ji Temple (JPY4,000)
Itinerary: Tour C
* If the minimum number of participants (20) is not met by 14 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
* Itineraries may be subject to change due to weather and road conditions or any other conditions of an operational nature.
Banquet (Wednesday, May 22nd)
The BANQUET will be held on May 22nd at the Hotel Nikko Nara. You will surely relax and enjoy local Nara cuisine and traditional Japanese performance.
- Date and Time: Wednesday May 22nd, from 18:30 to 20:30
- Location: Hotel Nikko Nara, 4th floor (Banquet room “Hiten”)